Friday, November 26, 2010

Vintage Shopping

We had organised for Mark and Kay o give us a guided tour of some vintage shopping hotspots around Chelsea and Uptown on Wednesday, which was super fun as I hadn't properly hung out with the gals since the flight and it was good to shop with someone other than picky boys. It was also super fun that my friend Hamish could come...he'd moved to New York 6 months ago, and so it was good he could check out some pleaces he didn't already know about. We started out at some local joints in Chelsea, there was a hand-made bonnet I really wanted to buy in the first store which was downstairs from an old cathedral. It was super cute, but I couldn't spend $200 on it :(
In the second store, however, I found a most amazing buy...a vintage full length dress, which Kay and I dated to late 60s with it's ethnic inspired concept and print. It is super warm because the bottom is heavy wool and appliqued with an amazing red, black and white print.

My favourite store was the City Opera Thrift Store in Chelsea, which had all kinds of decadent treasures including a charmingly well dressed man I spotted in the store collecting objects to adorn his wardrobe attire. He told me he had attached the fur to the jacket....clever.


phtos aren't uploadig at the moment ;( I will try again later to upload them

No comments:

Post a Comment